Tuesday 18 February 2014

Literature: Writing the Final Chapter

   Well hello dear friends and readers. I hope you all enjoyed your family day yesterday; I myself was stuck at home doing homework so that when I finally go home to my house up north, I don't have to bring homework. I've had the chance to finish a book and a midterm already (I'm on a roll)!
   But with all of this time stuck in the apartment, I had time to continue to type one of the stories I had finished previously. When I needed a break from reading, I'd write. Last night I finished writing chapter 28, and now I simply have one chapter left to type before the entire book is complete. It's a kind of bittersweet moment when that happens since it is a relief for the long journey to be coming to a positive end, but you invest yourself so much in a story that you become part of it, and as it ends, you feel like so does your own story. It's like you chose a character in the story, and you both share the same fate at the book's end.
   It's always an odd feeling for me, because I imagine the outcome of a book, and I could remember pretty much everything about it as I wrote, but the second that I finish typing it, it's like it all vanished from my memory and I must read all again to remember everything except for the main event. It is a funny feeling, but it makes me read, and re-read my stories over and over again; therefore the experience never really dies and it becomes real for me all over again.
   So if ever you decide to write your own story, be prepared for the joy, and the forgetfulness that comes along with a mind full of stories; but be reassured dearest readers, you can always read them back into your mind and heart.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment