Thursday 20 February 2014

Literature: Nobel Prize in Literature

   Hello dearest readers, and a good morning to you all. I am finally home and the feeling is great. The water seems more quenching, the bed is comfier, the food is more savory, (and not to say that all of these things aren't so satisfying in Ottawa, it's just that everything seems better when you are home). So I am glad to be home, and because of my 8 hour bus ride yesterday, I got my inspiration for this morning's post. Like I had mentioned before, this semester, I have quite the reading list to accomplish. And I am making enough progress to be caught up, but not quite ahead yet.
   Yesterday, I finished 3/4 of Alice Munro's book "Who Do You Think You Are?". It is a collection of short stories that all follow each other; so their basically entertaining as individuals, but even more so as a whole. The reason for the title of my entry, is that Alice Munro (a Canadian) is the recipient of the Nobel Prize in Literature this year, so it was fitting that in my Canadian Literature class that we read something from a Canadian that is the face of literature this year.
   So if you hadn't had the chance to read any of her works, I encourage that you do (because why not support Canadian pride), but her works are quite gripping as well. So if you're stuck on deciding what to read next, why not show some national pride and support, by picking up a copy of any Alice Munro book and read your day away.

K.P.H.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment