Saturday 15 February 2014

Literature: Written Word to Spoken Word

   Good day dearest readers, and I wish you an even better morning! On this fine Saturday, I thought about writing a literature post since I haven't done one of those in a little while. Today's title refers to poetry; a beautiful method of expressing one's emotion while painting a mental picture with clever wording and figures of speech, (it's a lot more fun than what I just described).
   The first type of writing that I had ever done, was writing poetry; as I got older, I graduated to speeches, essays and then my stories. It is also thanks to my early years in poetry that I am able to write songs now. The one thing that I have started to enjoy very much, but still lack the courage to do myself is Spoken Word Poetry. It's one thing to read the author's (or poet's) thoughts in your own inner voice, but it's another to actually hear the poem the way it was actually meant to be heard. Some of my favorite poets that I've taken much interest to lately are Shane Koyczan and Jefferson Bethke, but I won't shy away from a new poet, because I feel that everyone has something to be said and therefore deserve to be heard. I want the same from others, so in return, I'm open to new suggestions and new eye-opening philosophies.
   So this morning, I've included two up-lifting spoken word poets, and their messages are quite strong. And remember what Robert Frost said: "poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words." So seize the day, and think of the words that define the one thing that speaks to you.

What Speaks to You - UNITY

To This Day - Shane Koyczan

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment