Sunday 16 February 2014

Laughter: Make your own Movie Theatre

   Buenos dias mi amigos! What a fine Sunday morning it is in the beautiful capital city. On this 41st post, I'd like to take the time to thank all of you, my dear readers, who have been staying with me, and kept coming back to hear the things I have to say. I like to write fiction because when I write in different narrations, I am putting myself in the shoes of a completely different person; and people like to read those stories. But when my mother told me to take a chance, and to write about something that I am truly passionate about (in my own life), I never thought I'd get so much positive feedback so quickly. For that dearest readers, I am truly humbled and thankful that you are so interested in the person that I am, not just those I create.
   Now, with that said, let's get on to today's laughter post. I haven't explained a funny story in a while since the last laughter post was tied to technical problems with Google and the other led you to a comedian; today the comedy is all from me and my roommates.
   Tuesday night this past week, Riley had wanted to watch a funny movie with us, and we had agreed to (thinking he had it on DVD), but then Riley tells us that we'll have to move from our current spots, to a place where we could all see. Katie and I looked at each other confused when Riley left the room, but we partly understood when he came back holding his little laptop in his hands. He placed it on the footstool in the center of the room and pressed play; (wasn't bad enough that the screen was small, but now the volume was so minimum, we could barely hear the movie). So Riley then moved the footstool closer to the couch, and sat in between Katie and I, while I went to get an attachment that would let us insert two pairs or headphones. Katie and I both had one headphone, while Riley had both of the other halves of ours. Now, we could all see and hear the movie, but when we looked at each other, we were all squished together on two cushions of the couch, leaning in to watch the small, detailed screen while the sound was only blasting from one ear. The movie was good, but our set up (in all its impracticality) left us only with sore joints and a funny story to tell.
   What is the moral of the story, you might ask? Well truth is, there isn't really one; just don't be stupid and if you can successfully manage to watch a movie on your computer alone, chances are, you won't find the same success by adding two more people to that equation. So take time to think my dearest readers, but also be spontaneous because if at first you don't succeed, it'll be a funny story to tell later on.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment