Sunday 23 February 2014

Love: The Family You Choose

   Hello dearest readers, I hope you all had the chance to sleep well after a busy Saturday night. My reading week is coming to a close, and if yours is too, take today to really relax; if yours hasn't even started yet, make a list of the things you want to do because believe me when I say that time goes by fast. On this fine morning, things have been fairly good, but there will be rough patches once in a while when there's smooth sailing.
   As I am a very positive person, when things that aren't so positive start to happen, it might be difficult sometimes to see the glass half full. Since I didn't want to write about what was going wrong, I thought to write about how I was making it right; (and believe me it's not something I can do on my own). When the going gets the tough, the tough get their best friends. Some people might call the family they choose their best friends as well, but for me there is still a small distinction.
   The way I see it, you have the people you can tolerate and those who you are friends with, but not in a very close way. You have your best friends; those people with whom you are very close with, can share anything with and make the time for. Then you have the family you choose; these people are the ones that no matter what happens between you, you work through it. You'd be willing to drop anything to help them, and you are always ready to listen. And then the last people in your life is your actual blood related family. I am fortunate to have some in all of these categories, which gives me the perfect balance to my life.
   I've had a rougher time, but I am grateful to have had my family I chose sticking by my side, as well as my actual family. So I tell you my dearest readers, choose right because these people will be the ones to pull you out of the darkness when you can no longer find the way out. And please know, that "in order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision." -Dalai Lama

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment