Wednesday 26 February 2014

Laughter: Ode to a Dying Generation/ Death to YOLO

   Good morning dear readers, and happy hump day! The week is halfway done, and we're on the home stretch for the weekend. I must say that I'm excited to have those few days off so that I can catch up on my homework, (I know it's not that exciting but it must be done). On this fine morning, I thought about posting one of my own songs since I haven't put one up in a while.
   The title of the entry is also the title of the song; it might seem morbid, but it is essentially my interpretation of what the younger generations are turning into, (and that's including mine) but I don't see myself similar to the people in my own generation. I always said that I was born in the wrong one, so to make up for that few decades that I missed, I've developed what people call and "old soul"; no it is not a disease, it just gives me a different perspective from most people my age.
   With all of that said, I won't go into too much detail since I do talk a little bit in the video before I start playing the song so I don't want to repeat myself too much. On this last note, I've never been a fan of the YOLO concept, because I think it just gives the youth today an excuse to do really stupid stuff and blame it on a shady idea. I'd much prefer the similar, but dignified Carpe Diem. Therefore my dearest readers, take chances and live you life to the fullest. Cherish every moment and savour the time you have here because you never know how much longer you've got; just don't be stupid about it, okay? So go ahead and live in a way that your life is a story that everyone will want to read.



K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment