Friday 5 August 2016

Laughter: I Caught a Fish, Now What Do I Do?

   Good evening my dear readers! I am proud to say that today only, I am nearing a 100 original views on the blog, which means that this blitz of entries is really catching people's eyes. And why wouldn't it; I'm funny right? Well that's what a few of my friends thought a weekend when I went to camp with them. We travelled to this remote island where three of her family's camps were built. We settled in to the rustic ways, read the morning away, boiled lake water for our dishes, and played cards by the candle light. Her and I had a whole day to ourselves, and then her boyfriend and his friend showed up the next day. They were settled on fishing and we joined them!

   We took the boat to many different fishing spots, but it's when we went back later in the evening after dinner, when the sun was cooling off and the fish were closer to the surface, did I manage to catch my first real fish! It was a kind of sucker fish, and when I felt him on the line I kept asking my friends in the boat what I should do? They kept telling me to reel it in, but I kept asking what to do while I was reeling it in. I hesitated to bring it in the boat, but they placed it in the net, and put it in a bucket. They moved it over, because I didn't want my fish next to me, but I still named it and talked to it (as if it would stop it from fidgeting around) and then it unfortunately died. It's name was Freddy, and he was my first official fish.

   I've come to realize that sometimes, I'm more entertaining than the actual entertainment, and I'm okay with that. I've got a good attitude on life, and sometimes, it's okay not to want to touch the slimy fish you just caught even if you love it and named it. Love comes in all sorts of shapes and ways (as you've hopefully noticed with this blog) but it's how we decide to look at it that makes it matter.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment