Friday 5 August 2016

Love: The Tassel was Worth the Hassle

   Good morning dearest readers, I hope you are all getting ready for a great day because it is after all Friday! I'm keeping my promise of writing daily just as I hope that you'll keep on reading daily. While I was organizing what I would post per day on the blog, I realized this morning that I hadn't included a milestone moment in my life on the list. And that is the day of my graduation!

   It was a long day, and we had the ceremony in the morning. I couldn't have asked for more inspiring speeches and fellow classmates to graduate along side of. It was amazing how quickly the three hour ceremony went by because I feel like we were all caught up in the moment. On the plus side, I didn't trip, and I got to graduate at the same time and day as Katie (my old roommate) and Nicole (my new roommate). My parents and my grand mother were there, and more of my family came to celebrate afterwards. We only got three tickets the day of, because that's what you get when you study at a popular prestigious school.

   Anyways, after the ceremony, Katie and I met up for lunch and who shows up to celebrate with us...Riley! We spent the afternoon laughing and planning the futures we were going to have, even if it didn't involve each of us being part of it every single day. We learned that it's okay to be apart as long as you make the effort to keep in touch. After lunch, my family and I relaxed a little before heading to dinner at this amazing little Italian restaurant near my old apartment. My godfather and godmother came down from Montréal to spend it with me and it made the whole day that much more special.

   I went to bed, slept soundly, went to church the next morning to see my aunt, uncle and cousin, and after a short lunch, my mother and I headed back home. Everyone went their separate ways waiting for the next opportunity to meet up again. It was a momentous day that seemed frozen in time, yet passed by much too fast. At first I didn't want to go, but now I'm glad that I took the time to live in the moment, because after all, it was quite the achievement I accomplished. Life is made up of moments that map out the good in our lives.



K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment