Monday 29 August 2016

Literature: I Wrote This For You - Just The Words

   Good evening dear readers! You have survived another Monday yet again. After a relaxing evening with my roommate, I'm slowly but surely getting ready for bed. I know it may seem a little early for some, but I get up at 6am every morning, and I thrive on a solid eight hours of sleep, so shhhhhh; I'm doing fine. As the academic year is gaining some scary ground for some of you, I can't help but smile knowing all too well that I do not have to set foot on campus again. I've done my time (and I could do a little more) but I'd rather try to reach some of my goals before I settle on plan C or D.

   Now I wanted to mention to you all a very interesting book I picked up recently that stood out to me at the book store, (it's title is that of this entry). Ever since I've allowed myself to read more than the narrow pretentious selections I deemed fit as literature, I've learned so much, and loved so much of it. I'm not a hopeless romantic, but I do enjoy a good rhyme and verse. This strange little book I picked up divided into small poems,(almost like a mind in fragments),  has different sections that the reader is free to read at his own leisure, depending how they feel at that given moment. It's structured in such a way that you don't need to read it from cover to cover, but rather flip through different sections of it and it might actually be better for you.

   What's truly incredible about this book is that it is not addressed to anyone in specific, and its author is anonymous. It is a book that speaks solely to the reader at that present moment, because no one same person reads a book (not even the same reader re-reading a book). We change and we evolve. We grow and we learn. And this collection of poems, of reflected moments, can speak to you in a way you were not expecting, and you tend to discover something about yourself. Pick up a copy of it my dearest readers, read it and let yourself know the words. Don't just glance over them, but really see them, and then, you might just really see yourself.


K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment