Tuesday 30 August 2016

Love: One Simple Act of Kindness

   Good morning to all and to all a good day! Yes dearest readers, we are approaching the end of another month and the time won't stop ticking. I thought I'd start off your day with the wonderful little act of kindness that set my day off right.

   I got everything ready so that my morning would go off without a hitch. I got up, got dressed, made my lunch, breakfast and coffee (in that order) and then I headed out the door with music in my ears, and a couple of books in my bag; this was going to be a good day. I got off the bus, but low and behold, I did not see Riley! Things were starting to go downhill because not everything was absolutely perfect (but when are they ever really?). Anyways, so I go sulking into the mall, because I know I'm not late, and then  I notice all of these kids running around because apparently, school is back in session a little earlier for some of them. And see, I don't mind kids, just when they're not being obnoxious or loud. The several I passed by in the mall were both of those things.

   So I kept walking, knowing that I'd get to eat my breakfast and drink my coffee once I was at work, and I thought that that was going to be the only thing that would be able to put me in a good mood, but it wasn't. As I was getting ready to exit the mall to take my connecting bus, I was weaving past slow walkers and readied myself to push open the exit door when it was held open for me; by a young little girl who was about 6 or 7 years old. She smiled as she held onto the heavy door to let myself (and everyone behind me pass through) before she continued on her merry way.

   That my dearest readers is doing a small act of kindness, and turning everyone's day around. I will do the same today to pay it forward, and I hope that something wonderful happens for that little girl today since she took a little bit of her time to do that for me.

   So with that, I leave you my dear readers, with one of the poems from the book I wrote about in yesterday's post, because this little girl made me think back on it, and it's called The Moths Arrive in Black and White.

     The bad news is, people are crueler, meaner and more evil that you've ever imagined.
     The good news is, people are kinder, gentler and more loving than you've ever dreamed.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment