Friday 11 April 2014

Laughter: Losing your Wits

   Good evening dearest readers and yes I realize that it's the evening. My timing's been a little off lately but with classes ending but exams starting, it's a little more difficult getting into a new routine. However since it is late enough in the day, today's post will only be a short one.
   My aunt, her husband (my uncle) and her brother (my godfather) all came to visit me at the apartment today. My uncle had come down for a funeral today, but he thought to bring me my birthday card at the same time. It's fun that I am now living in Ottawa because everyone that was so far away before is now a little bit closer. So as I cleaned up a little around the apartment, they arrived and we chatted for a little bit. I looked out the window and saw my aunt and uncle's red car, and knew that they had carpooled to my place. But as they were getting to leave, my godfather remembered that he had left my card in his car that was still parked in the drive way at my aunt's house.
   One of the main reason's they stopped by was to give me my birthday card. Of course I'm grateful that my uncle got me a card, but I was more excited to be able to talk to him for 15 minutes since I don't get the chance to see him as much.
   Just goes to show that even on a slower day, you can still lose yourself in your own thoughts. That's why we have family that accept us and remind us who we are.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment