Sunday 13 April 2014

Love: 30 Before 30

   Hello dear readers, I hope you all had a good Saturday. Mine felt very productive and I had the chance to have lunch with a dear friend of mine. While I was taking a break from studying, I decided to follow the example of a great person I look up to. My mother's friend Jean-Paul is the picture of going after your dreams, and doing whatever it takes to accomplish your goals no matter how big they may seem. He's a motivational speaker, a Free the Children supporter and lives his life the way I aspire to live mine.
   The title to today's entry is inspired by his very first big project. Jean-Paul had thought that he needed something big to start off his life on an exciting step. When he was eighteen, he made himself a list of 30 items he wanted to accomplish before he turned 30; he accomplished all of it.
   Now following in his inspiring footsteps, I've decided to make my own list. Turning twenty is a big step, but now I feel like I have to keep setting goals for myself. The goal to completing the list is to write down any kind of goal, no matter how absurd it might seem and then working hard to accomplishing it. However, it's still good to mix smaller goals with the larger goals that way you can accomplish some items on the list while working on the larger ones.
   So dearest readers, if you're feeling like you're stuck in a rut, bring new purpose to your life and see how crafty you can really get. And just like Sasha Cohen said "I'm a competitive person and I love the challenge of mastering new things."


30 B4 30
1. Get a tattoo to represent each of my stories.
2. Go on a missionary trip with my mom to Kenya with Free the Children.
3. Volunteer at a retirement home and read to seniors.
4. Create the "Right to Read" program.
5. Go to Ireland with my friend Gen and drink a pint of Guiness at a traditional pub.
6. Try out for a higher position at work.
7. Give out friendship bracelets as a fundraiser for one of the charities we support at work.
8. Go white water rafting with OWL.
9. Have a camping weekend with my friends.
10. Get a dog.
11. Rework my first trilogy A Breach Within Worlds.
12. Lose 40 lbs.
13. Beat my Manitoulin golf record.
14. Host Girls Weekend.
15. Design my own place following a book/writing theme.
16. Have a library/study in my own house/apartment.
17. Fill out every page of every single one of my notebooks.
18. Graduate from university.
19. Complete the 80 Classics book challenge.
20. Go vegetarian for a month.
21. Keep a vegetable garden.
22. Create my own recipe book.
23. Take my Oma to a real afternoon tea.
24. Attend a book/writing festival.
25. Go to Disney World and get a princess makeover.
26. Send a manuscript to every Canadian publisher that's within my genre.
27. Go to a Food & Wine show with my mom.
28. Go to Stratford to visit my roomie and see a play.
29. Take a train and visit the West of Canada.
30. Do the Edge Walk with my friend Véro in Toronto.

K.P.H.


No comments:

Post a Comment