Sunday 6 April 2014

Love: End of the Year Bash

   Hello dearest readers, and I hope you all the best on this calm and sunny Sunday morning. Yesterday was a long day for yours truly but it was honestly worth every minute of it. It started off with hazy weather as I went to work for a morning tour shift. I had a great time showing a family around with a girl who was really interested in our University (that's always the best time on tours when people are actually excited and prepared).
   After a more than packed tour shift, I had my end of the year party with my co-workers and we passed through awards, and "thank yous" and we finally revealed who our Secret Friend was and gave them their last gift. We usually give a person a chance to guess who their Secret Friend is, and because of my poet-like nature and hints, I was found out because my own Secret Friend has three ideas of who it could be and the two others had already been taken, (I might have made it too obvious but it was worth it to see how impressed and happy he was with every little ounce of effort I put into it).
   Now, I have to give a shout out to my own Secret Friend since she has done an incredible (and I mean absolutely brilliant) job. Her little gifts throughout the semester consisted of sticky notes (shaped like a cupcake), book notes (that were three talking cats), candy (who can go wrong there) and very clever tea scented erasers (yeah, you read that right). She basically highlighted the things I needed, but put them in the theme of things I love. But what I must give full credit to her is for my final gift. I pulled out of my gift bag a small engraved box that had my name beautifully written on it (I would have been happy with the box), but as I opened it up, I stared at a beautiful necklace. The pendant was shaped like a guitar pick, and on one side it had the words "Literature, Love and Laughter" engraved on it, while the other had the initials "K.P.H.". I couldn't have thought of a more simple and better item to not only highlight the things that are most important to me, but to completely represent who I am in one necklace. Again, brilliant. So to my dear co-worker Kelly, I cannot tell you enough how much this means to me, (I'm wearing the necklace as I write this entry today); thank you very much.
   So dearest readers, take note: if you're note sure what to get a friend, or a family member, put thought into the gift or a small gesture. That will make more of an impact than the price tag ever will.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment