Wednesday 2 April 2014

Literature: Sick Day

   Good morning dearest readers. Though I have finally gotten my voice back, I'm still feeling under the weather. However, there is something good that happens when you're feeling sick; you can take a personal day to rest up and get better. Unfortunately for me, since we are on the last week of classes and exam season is just around the corner, I can't really take a day off. But if I had the opportunity, I'd take full advantage of it.
   Most people tend to like to sleep a lot (and sometimes that's really what you have to do to get better), and others like to watch television while eating hot soup. I on the other hand like picking a book I've already read that I've thoroughly enjoyed (or one that I haven't started yet) and use it as an opportunity to make it a one-a-day-er. What's good about these kinds of days too is that if you feel a little embarrassed about a certain book (seeing it as a kind of guilty pleasure), no one will judge you because you're sick. I also like to take these days as opportunities to color in my Disney coloring book, (there's really no better time then that).
   So if you're feeling a little under the weather, grab a book and travel to a world where the sun shines a little brighter so that both your mind and body have time to relax and recover.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment