Monday 28 April 2014

Literature: A Memorable Arrangement

   Good morning dearest readers and I hope you all made the best out of your weekends. I know I got stuff done, but at the same time, I'm halfway through a TV series too. With a new routine working itself out, and extra time on my hands, I am happy to take the time to write the first official entry that acknowledges the beginning of my summer.
   Throughout my high school years, there have been many things that have made them great, but the most rewarding experience has been my participation as a youth counsellor in leadership camps. Last year I was fortunate enough to be able to participate in the first official high school leadership camp but because I am working full time this summer, I'm not able to return home in time to live out the joyous times once more. However, hard as this might be, my mother is still letting me participate with one activity. Every camp, the students and counsellors receive letters from their role models and loved ones. I am fortunate enough to be able to write a few letters of my own, and they are extra special since one of them was my co-counsellor last year, and the other was one of my teachers who wrote one of my own letters. The whole thing comes full circle.
   As I took the time to word everything correctly, I remembered a quote that said "every book you read is just a different combination of 26 letters." That kind of thinking can be applied to any kind of writing. There I was sitting, writing two very different letters, to two very different people and yet all the letters were the same, but the meanings were different. And just yesterday as well, when I was talking to my mother, she had mentioned that a boy who was at We Day with us, the one that had recognized me for my blog, had been so happy that I had talked about him in one of my entries, but I'm the one who's truly blessed to have people who will listen to what I have to say. I have classrooms that are using my entries, my words as examples for projects and are learning my songs. For the first time since I've started writing, I feel like I don't have to create myself in fiction, but just to show the person that I am in reality because now I know that that person is good enough. So to the boy who recognized me in Mme Mel's class, thank you.
   With that explained dear readers, keep in mind what you write and what you say, because even though we might think that they might be worthless sometimes, those 26 letters can be made into a memorable arrangement.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment