Monday 14 April 2014

Laughter: School's Out

   Good morning dearest readers on this wonderful Monday. Today is a bittersweet day since yesterday was my roommate Katie's last exam and therefore her last day in Ottawa for this year. It was also her cousin's birthday so we decided to celebrate with her.
   We had surprised her with a cupcake and a night full of fun. We had made popsicles, mixed drinks, and I painted everyone's nails, (don't worry I'll release a portfolio of my work soon enough). So with all of that said, the night was full of good moments and mixed emotions since Katie and I have decided that we are best friend soulmates and because of that, it is hard for us to part. The good times were rolling and though Katie is going back to Stratford, we've decided that we are going to Skype every single day that we can and we are definitely going to talk every day.
   The night itself was full of jokes, anecdotes and I got to spend time with her cousin, aunt and mother, who are all wonderful people that I had the privilege to get to know. It is fun to be in a room of people who are so similar to you; it might be dangerous sometimes but great minds do think alike.
   So with this shorter post today, it marks the official start of summer for me. Not because I've finished my exams, and not because class has finished either, but because Katie has left and I fear that we will not meet again until August. Here's to hoping that four months will fly by.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment