Tuesday 8 April 2014

Laughter: So Bad It's Funny

   Good morning dearest readers! As Riley pointed out to me just a few minutes ago, this is the last morning that I'm waking up as a 19 year-old; oh how the time flies by. A few interesting things happened yesterday, and I feel like starting the day refreshed. Just so you know, if ever you have the desire to read the novel Soucouyant by David Chariandy, go for it. It's a great read and there's even a possible gratification if you can figure out the hidden mystery like I did. I found out a secret, but to confirm that I was on the right track, I contacted the author, and he reassured me that I was right; it's a great feeling to find something new when not even your professor who has been studying the novel for years didn't even notice it.
   Today's post is about all of the things that shouldn't be funny, but because they are so badly done, or unprofessional, the whole project takes on a different tone. Yesterday, my roommates and I decided to watch a scary movie to celebrate being done half of our final works. The movie had apparently gotten great reviews (because we aren't allowed to watch a movie unless Riley checks its reviews) and as we started watching it, what was really bad acting turned into really bad effects, followed by a worse plot line that didn't make any sense. There's nothing worse that watching something that should give you nightmares, but it ends up give you a cramp because you're laughing too hard. I would still like to give the producers gold stars for effort, but I'm afraid to say that your vision was not fully realised, (well at least I hope it wasn't because the movie was really bad).
   But this doesn't only happen for scary movies; sometimes things just don't happen the way we want it to and the easiest way to get over it is to lighten our hearts and laugh about it.


K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment