Sunday 16 March 2014

Laughter: The Art of Snapchat

   Well hello dearest readers, it is the Sunday and therefore the end of the weekend. I apologize for the lack of entry yesterday morning, but I was up at five and working by 6:30 for the Spring Open House of my university, and I didn't have time. However, the events that proceeded the end of the Open House is what inspired the topic for today.
   There have been, and there will always be trends, and popular events happening. People will want to participate and get involved to "stay in the know". I have not always been one of these people (being too preoccupied with my latest book), but once in a while, I hop on the train and join the fun. This latest trend has been going on for a little while but it wasn't until a co-worker of mine suggested that everyone at work get it so that we could all get closer not only as a team, but as friends too. And because of him, I now have Snapchat; and I have to admit that it's really fun. I still haven't figured out all the kinks yet, like when I press and hold the middle of the screen which doesn't allow me to see the full picture, or if I don't hold down the button and then I can't sort my thoughts out quick enough to look at the picture again before it disappears.
   Yes with every new thing, there are always challenges to learn and adapt. I feel like sometimes I'm pack pedaling with my notes written by hand, my love for old journals and fountain pens, and especially with my latest purchase of my typewriter, (I've got an old soul, but I'm rewinding a couple of decades as well).
   If you are part of the new crowd to add this fun app, or one that has had it for a while but hasn't used it in a while either, revive it and put it to work, because there's a lot of aspects of communication we miss out on when we are simply texting; plus a picture is worth a thousand words.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment