Wednesday 12 March 2014

Literature: The Series Impact

   Good morning dearest readers, it's hump day! The week is halfway done, and time seems to be passing by quicker than imagined. I love the classes I have this semester but they have given me a very large reading list and I'm struggling to keep up. I know that math isn't my best subject but 17 novels in 12 weeks simply does not add up.
   However, I am excited for summer to get here, but my reasons are probably different than most people. Most people are probably excited for the break from school, the hot weather, and vacation trips, and don't get me wrong, I'm excited about all of that but what I'm most excited about is taking up reading for fun again (meaning I'm making my own reading selection).
   Books are fun when they are single stories, but a trend that is picking up is stories as series. I won't debate too much about that, and I actually enjoy that structure of the stories because the tales that you like carry on for longer; plus it doesn't feel like an eternal read when the story is divided into smaller books. I've got my reading list set up but the one story that I'm so excited to start again is a French series called "Les Chevaliers d'Emeraudes/ Les Héritiers d'Enkidiev" and I've been reading these books since the 9th grade. They're basically two series that continue the story; the first one is 12 books long, and the other one is still being written but it takes place 15 years after the first series end. The author has released the 9th book of the second series, and I keep checking for when the next one will be released.
   So if you are looking for a vacation for your mind that will last as long as your actual vacation from school, find yourself a series and the time will match up. Finding your world is the best kind of feeling, but being able to find your way back is just as special.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment