Thursday 27 March 2014

Love: Get Your Studying On

   Good day dearest readers and welcome it with the biggest of smiles for tomorrow is Friday. I am slightly freaking out inside since my list of things to do is still quite large and the time span in which I have to accomplish it is not. Yesterday, after I had finished my book, written down the information I needed for my Monday's poetry session in my Celtic class and did my groceries, things weren't tough enough already so my right index finger got slammed into a drawer and just made everything that much more complicated (and painful) for me. All that being said, I still had to study, and I've created a little sanctuary to do so, (and its really the only good thing that happened last night).
   First off, you need to fully concentrate on your work, I like to place myself in a neutral environment. For me, that's at the far seat at the dinning table; that way I'm still with my roommates, but I'm not in front of the television nor in my bedroom where I would be tempted with all sorts of distractions. No, at the dinning table I am focus but not cut off. The advantages of sitting at a table is:
   1- it's actually quite comfortable.
   2- there's a lot of space to spread out all of your different projects to know what to do next.
   3- when you get hungry, it's easy to eat since you're already at the table and therefore only need to make a small place for your plate; (eat and study - best way to get the most out of your time)

   You may not be in the same kind of time crunch right now as I am dearest readers, but these are useful little tips to know ahead of time. I also make sure I always have a glass of water, and a cup of tea (or coffee) to keep me refreshed and awake. Once in a while I'll also light a candle close so that there's a soothing sent reassuring me to keep my calm while I push through. And just like Natalie Portman said: "I don't love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful."

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment