Saturday 8 March 2014

Love: I Love Me, I Love Me More

   Happy Saturday dear readers! This morning's post is much less pretentious than the title makes it sound. This morning is all about not only loving yourself, but loving who you are.
   I want to feel more comfortable in my skin, so I've decided to start eating better, (it's more expensive but I work around my budget because this is something important to me). I've also started a small exercise plan that I do right when I wake up in the morning. I then make my cup of coffee, pour myself a bowl of cereal and write my entry for the blog. If I stick to this routine for 21 days, it will become a very good habit. I'm not telling you all to lose weight to be able to love yourself; it's a question of confidence and feeling comfortable in your own skin. When I have to wear baggier clothes so that I don't feel judged when I sit down, I'm not happy with that; so I'm doing something about it.
   There are some things that you might not fully love about yourself and you'd like to change, and that's okay, but understand what can be changed. Your health, eating and exercising habits are small things you can change to make you feel better. If you're a pessimistic person, it might take a little longer for you to see the glass half full. If you don't like your height, (I myself am taller than average), you have to understand that that's something that you can't change. Try to see the benefits about it. Another example is that I have naturally curly hair, and before I didn't like it; I used to put it up in a pony tail or straighten it all the time. Well now in university, styling my hair is the quickest part of my morning. I simply roll out of bed, and part it to one side; maybe not even that. It's become the easiest part of my day and I love it.
   The trick to this whole "loving yourself" thing is perception. If you don't like yourself, how are you supposed to let anyone else love you? If you're not comfy and confident in your own skin, you might be flagged as a possible problem even before you meet anyone. So love who you are because that person is great; there is after all only one of you in this entire world.


K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment