Thursday 6 March 2014

Literature: New Cool or Old School

   Good day dear readers. This morning I am conflicted with an inner debate that concerns my present books as well as the future ones I plan to acquire. Today's post will should be a relatively shorter one, but I think that you my dearest readers can give me input on my little dilemma.
   With this new age of technology, someone actually went and created a way to store hundreds of books on this little electronic device; yes I am talking about those Kobos, Kindels and Ebooks. I know that I can store a lot more books on one of those little devices, and I could bring a lot more books that way on my travels instead of having most of my allotted luggage weight taken by one of my favorite pass times. Another bonus is that most Ebooks are cheaper than even a paperback copy since they don't need to be printed. And the final advantage is that most of the electronic copies are easier to find and always available. Now, if I'm thinking about the advantages of good ol'e paper copy books, I might be a little more biased, but  I love the smell of old books, and I love to hold a copy and see my progress as I read; but I know that I won't be able to see that on an eReader. And one of the things that I loved the most, is that once a book is finished, and I place it on my shelf, I get to see all of the literature I have read, and all of the worlds I have travelled to within them. Plus, I'm reminded everyday that I own them so I can read them all over again if I wanted to. You can't showcase the extent of your literary knowledge if all of your copies are crammed and hidden in a small device.
   I think the best thing I could use hasn't even been invented yet. How great would it be to be able to buy a hard copy of a book, but on the back, or on the inside of it you could get a code to enter or bar code that you could scan, and it would give you the e-copy of the book. If someone isn't working on that idea now, they should.
   With my inner conflict explained, I am seeking your help dearest readers. If you have an Ebook, please let me know what you think of it. If there's a software genius that reads my blog, please come up with the technology to make my idea happen! So read much, and read long whether it's easier for you with technology, or the good ol'e fashion way.





K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment