Wednesday 19 March 2014

Laughter: The Bunny Changes Everything

   Good morning dear readers, the week is halfway done! The story that goes with the title this morning is a short one, but it is a funny one. You did read the title right; this story has a bunny in it (it's basically the focus of the story itself.) And instead of having the usual people in my funny stories (and by usual people I mean my roommates), this one actually took place as a phone conversation with my father.
   I love my family; we all have different personalities, and yet there's these small things that link us together and that's how we work so well. Both of my parents are hard working people, but my father has been travelling every week for work ever since I was around 3 or 4 years old. Because of that, my dad would call home every night and we'd get to talk to him and tell him about our day just like we would do if he was home. In university, my father still keeps calling me and I appreciate every little talk we have.
   Last night however, the conversation was slightly different than our usual ones. I had called my father to help me out with a form I had to fill out, and he excused himself from his company at the dinner table for a few minutes to help me out. I'm not exactly sure where he was standing but out of the blue, he simply exclaims: "Oh, there's a bunny outside... it's so fluffy!" The statement itself is funny but, if any of you knew my father, you'd understand that at first glance, that statement would not fit the person. My dad is a tall, burly looking man who looks and is quite tough. He has a soft spot for his family (and apparently bunnies too); he's a friendly giant figure.
   We proceed to talk about the questionnaire, but he kept adding in once in a while: "he's so fluffy; it's like a ball of fur with ears. I just want to go pick him up... do you think they'd let me bring it in the restaurant? Awwwwww!" So now I know that not only can my baby pictures melt my father's heart, but a bunny seems to have the same effect.
   The lesson out of this story, if someone might seem a little intimidating, if you're walking next to a giant or if you're having a conversation with someone who's having a tough day, just bring up a fuzzy bunny and all of your problems are solved.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment