Monday 3 March 2014

Laughter: Played One Too Many Times

   Good morning dear readers; today's wonderful Monday entry will be short and sweet (just like we all wish Monday actually was). This morning's post is all about popular trends that just go overboard. For example, I had mentioned that I am a huge Disney fan, and I'll admit that I loved (LOVED) the movie Frozen, but now I can't seem to bask in its genius and catchy tunes because everyone is making a cover of the songs or making funny puns.
   One of my friends kept reading me articles on Buzz Feed about it, and I just started to zone out because I don't want to ruin the movie because it is so nicely preserved in my mind. And I don't even need to start listing the number of times people have covered the song Let It Go, because I'm pretty sure most people on this planet has seen as least two versions of the song regardless if they've seen the movie or not. I have been shown one that was however not that bad. Christina Bianco's rendition of it makes a comical statement without ruining the song, because you are concentrating so hard on the different voices she's imitating.
   Instead of being frustrated by yet another cover of the beloved song, I was impressed because a comedian managed to successfully portray famous singers, and she was actually a really good singer too. I invite you to look at the video as well because it merges two of my favorite things in the world: comedy and Disney. Let us remember what Peter Ustinov said: "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious."

Christina Bianco's "Let It Go"

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment