Tuesday 11 March 2014

Love: The Beauty of Still Silence

   Good morning dearest readers. We are progressing through the week rather smoothly and this morning I'd like to talk about something that I really do enjoy but that not everyone fully understands. I might have acquired this love because I'm an avid reader, but though I do like to vocalize my thoughts, I've always like to bask in silence.
   There is something just absolutely beautiful in silence; the quiet, the stillness, the utter hold on the moment of which it frames. I'm alright with sitting alone for hours at a time with a book, and just taking it in while the atmosphere is quiet. Some people cannot stay in silence; they must fill every little moment with words or songs or television shows. I find that somewhat annoying therefore I must go and find myself another quiet spot. I think I developed this love of silence on Manitoulin, since it is the most peaceful place I know. When I sit on the dock and I look out onto the lake, all I can hear is the wind rustling the waves; it's one of the best feelings in the world.
   So whether you are a Chatty Kathy, or a Quiet Quin, just be aware of the people around you because they might not be the most sociable person in the world. And remember that silence can be a beautiful thing.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment