Sunday 9 March 2014

Literature: The Soul of the Home

   Good morning dear readers and happy Spring Forward Day! Yes you all lost an hour of sleep but who needs extra rest when Monday is tomorrow, (there might be a tad of sarcasm implied). On this fine morning, I thought about talking about my dear home.
   Regardless of how old you are, everyone has thought at some point about moving out and getting their own place. The thought that follows is the idea of getting you dream home. Even today I think of decorating ideas, and perfect locations. My apartment now is great, but I don't want to live there for the rest of my life. I actually only see myself living in the same place no more than ten years, unless I end up having my dream home on Manitoulin, (I can live there forever once that happens). But there has always been the age old question of: What makes a house a home? Well some people say that the people make the home, and I agree that that is true. But some people will argue that there the question of what is the heart of the home? Many will say the kitchen and I do see myself having a gorgeous kitchen in my dream house, but for me the one thing that will make my home perfect is a room dedicated to my favorite pastime. I will have a library/study. The people may bring life to the home, and the kitchen is the heart, but I think that the library is the soul of the home.
   Books give you stories, lessons, extra lives and companionship when you want it. They will console you and reassure you and offer you new ideas. So when you are designing your home, take into account what you want it to look like, but also how it will represent the person you are. Put the emphasis where it is meant to be, and let your individuality shine. You want it to be a nice place but you want it to be a place that you can't wait to go back to and that you hesitate to leave. After all, there's no place like home.



K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment