Tuesday 18 March 2014

Literature: You Are What You Read

   Good morning my dearest readers, and what a morning it is! I hope that you all enjoyed the green festivities yesterday and that you all feel refreshed and ready to tackle today. I am proud to report that I have reached the pillar that is 1000 views on the blog (1004 to be exact this morning) which means that the release of the "I Am Grateful" project is on its way. Therefore if you still feel like sending in your picture to contribute to the video compilation, you still have a couple of days.
   This morning's post isn't about the progress of the video, but I thought it'd be helpful to let you all know how well everything is proceeding. Today's post is all about identifying who you are through your books. The idea of this entry came to me while I was creating a logo for the blog (every important thing should have a logo, right?) and so as I walked around my room, looking at book covers to get inspiration, something dawned on me. Though I may have a varied and eclectic taste in books (and music), but someone (with careful observation) could tell what kind of person I was by my literary collection.
   It is easy to see that I'm bilingual by the two types of languages of my books. Someone could also see that I have an old soul by the kind of classics that are spread out together on a shelf. Patience could be thought of as one of my virtues simply by the size of certain volumes here. I'm also a dreamer and a creative mind with all of the works of fiction, but I also like to 'stay in the know' with all of the known classics and recommended works. I like to learn but I'd rather find myself in a dream world than the real world; it's why there isn't any bibliographies or non-fictional historical books on my self. Plus the only anthologies I have are for Celtic studies (to help me out with the writing of one of my own story) and a dream dictionary (to help me interpret some of the weird things my subconscious comes up with).
   So whether or not you are an avid reader, be careful what you put on your shelf for people to see because YOU are the one who will become the open book.
K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment